3.05.2005

SOLD!

Yesterday morning while I was at the menu board at the McDonald’s drive through ordering breakfast, my realtor called me. He called to tell me that one of the people who had viewed the house the night before was submitting an offer and that he would have it later in the morning. After work I stopped by his office to see what the offer was. He offered the full asking price, although I had just lowered it, so it wasn’t what I had originally hoped for. He also wanted the refrigerator and stove. That wasn’t really a problem as most of the houses we have looked at buying have at least one of those. He also wanted the washer and dryer. The biggest problem with the offer was that he wanted to close and take possession by April 1! That was a big problem as it is just too soon. Maybe if Mel and I weren’t going on vacation for a week in another week we could manage it, but Mel hasn’t found a new job yet, and she won’t be able to commute to her current job from where we would move to. So, I submitted a counter offer pushing back possession until April 15. That gives us two more weeks. Also, I didn’t want to give up the washer and dryer. We potentially will be buying a new refrigerator and stove already, we wouldn’t want to buy all of those appliances. The offer was accepted pending approval for financing (he was pre-qualified) and a house inspection. Now Mel really needs to intensify her job search and we need to start packing. I’ll be calling a moving company on Monday to see about getting our stuff moved, and possibly stored for a short time if we are not able to get possession of a new house immediately.

No comments: