6.24.2008

A Weekend of Ups and Downs

Thursday, June 19, was the day that we were supposed to close on out house purchase in Cottage Grove, Minnesota, but the day before that was to happen, I got a call from our Realtor. He told us that the seller had to delay the closing to Monday, June 23. So, I changed my plans. Instead of driving up to the Twin Cities on Thursday, I waited until Friday to drive up.

Since we were not going to be able to work on cleaning and painting the house during the weekend, as we had planned on doing, Mel, Emma, and I went to the Minnesota Zoo instead. We had a fun day at the zoo, and Emma seemed to enjoy herself for the most part. Well, toward the end of the day she was getting a bit tired of riding around in her stroller, but she was still pretty good. Here are a few photos from the zoo.

The first photo is of some Japanese macaque, or snow monkeys.



Here's a shot of Emma and Mel at the zoo.


This photo shows Emma enjoying a drink of water. Much of it ended up all over her. We had to change her clothes before driving back from the zoo.


And here's a photo of a caribou.



After returning to my sister's condo, we all, including my sister, went to dinner at Red Robin. We had a nice dinner. It had been quite some time since I had been to Red Robin.

On Sunday, Mel, Emma, and I did some shopping. We went to Home Depot to pick up some of the things we would need for the house, especially paint. We also went to a Sears appliance store where we bought a new stove. The one in the house we are buying is very filthy and has some non-functioning burners. It will be delivered to us in a few weeks.

It's a really good thing we didn't schedule the stove delivery to be much earlier, because on Monday, while Mel was at work and Emma and I were about to eat lunch at IKEA, I got a call from our Realtor. He told me that there was an issue with the title company and so we would not be able to close as we had planned. Now we are supposed to be closing this coming Thursday afternoon. So, instead of using just two vacation days for the closing, this past Friday and Monday, I will have to use more to get the house bought. At least it is almost ours!

Today, I had someone from a moving company come over to our house to write up an estimate for the cost to move our belongings to the new house. It looks like we may be able to move as early as the end of next week. I am so ready to be living up there. It's been really difficult this past month with Mel living hundreds of miles away. It will be very good to be together in the same house again!

No comments: