6.26.2008

Summer TV

This week I have watched some of the summer offerings on network TV. On Monday I watched Celebrity Family Feud on NBC, hosted by Al Roker. On the episode I saw this week, Ice-T and his family competed against Joan Rivers and her family. Then Raven-Symoné and her family competed against Wayne Newton and his family. It was entertaining, but I like John O'Hurley better as a host.

I then watched I Survived a Japanese Game Show on ABC. Now that show was fun! At first I thought it would just show Americans competing on a Japanese game show, but it turned out that a group of Americans were told they were going to be on a reality show, then were flown to Japan. As they thought they were on a tour of a television studio in Japan, they discovered that they were going to compete on a game show. The winning team got to take a tour of Japan, and the losing team had to take people for rickshaw rides. This is a show I would like to watch again next week.

Then yesterday I watched a show that I had recorded on Monday, Wipeout. This show was alright, but it's not what I would call "must see TV."

Tonight I watched another episode of Last Comic Standing. I had watched it last week when they auditioned overseas comics for the show, so I thought I would watch it again this week. It was pretty funny, and the comic who I really wanted to make it through to next week, Paul Foot, made it!

Normally I avoid reality TV, but I would like to see two of these shows, I Survived a Japanese Game Show and Last Comic Standing through to the end.

No comments: