6.13.2008

Change of Plans

It looks like the route I had so thoughtfully crafted to make my way home from the airport this afternoon will not work out after all. I had planned on driving east on Highway 30 from I-380, but I heard this morning that Highway 30 is closed east of I-380 all the way to Highway 1. So I guess I will have to drive through Cedar Rapids on I-380 until I reach the north end of the metro area so I can exit and then backtrack on other roads.

And, I just got a text message from my wife to let me know that the wedding that we were supposed to go to tomorrow has been postponed until some time this fall. That is really too bad for the couple getting married, but when one hundred blocks of the city are under water, including the church where the wedding was to take place, I guess there is not much you can do.

No comments: