6.14.2008

I Made It Home

My flight left Dallas yesterday just a few minutes late. I guess we were waiting for the flight attendant to arrive. Anyway, once I arrived in Cedar Rapids, I got to sit in traffic on Interstate 380 for about half an hour to get home. Fortunately, I did not have to go as far north on I-380 as I had earlier thought. I was able to get off at 7th Street NE and head home from there, so I did not have to drive much farther than usual, and it only took me an extra half hour to get home.

While approaching and driving through downtown Cedar Rapids, I was amazed at the amount of water that bordered the interstate on each side. Sure, I had seen photos online and on TV, but it was so different to actually see it!

Now that I am home, as well as Emma and, for the weekend, Mel, we have to conserve water since only one pumping station is operating. I got some paper plates and paper cups at Hy-Vee when I got home, as the city was suggesting, but they were completely out of plastic cutlery. In fact, the were pretty short on paper plates. About all they had were the Nickelodeon plates that I bought. Now I get to eat with Dora the Explorer staring back at me from below my food.

No comments: