6.17.2008

Buying Music

One of the presents I got for Father's Day was an iTunes gift card. Last night I was trying to figure out what I should buy with it. I decided to buy the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End by Hans Zimmer. We already had the previous two Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks on CD, so I completed out collection. It was a really good soundtrack, although I like the soundtrack to the second Pirates movie better.

Tonight I was perusing the iTunes store and decided to check out some of their classical music selections but I could not find a link to the classical genre. So, I did a search for Ralph Vaughan Williams, who I think may be my favorite composer. Upon looking through the pages of music by Vaughan Williams, I realized that I did not have a recording of his Five Variants of "Dives and Lazarus." I considered buying it at iTunes, but it would have taken five dollars worth of my gift card to get the five individual tracks. There were some albums that had it as a single track, but I would have had to buy the entire album to get it. However, I ended up finding it at Amazon.com as a single track that I could get with my Pepsi Stuff points, so I got the piece for free there, and I still have credits to use at the iTunes store.

No comments: