6.12.2008

Last Night in Dallas

I am wrapping up my last night in the Dallas, Texas, area as I write this blog entry. Today was the birthday of one of the people whose company is sponsoring the test we are working on, so a group of about twenty of us--both employees of my company and committee members--got a shuttle ride from our hotel to a nearby restaurant, Saltwater Willy's in Grapevine, Texas. At Saltwater Willy's, their specialty appeared to be seafood, and it was fantastic! I had the jambalaya which was really good. We really had a good time.

Tomorrow I get to return to Cedar Rapids, my home until I get moved to Minnesota. It looks like I will not be able to shower or do any laundry once I get home as the city is requiring people to conserve water, using it primarily for drinking only. That is probably alright for me as I am planning on working from home on Monday at least to avoid having to drive to Iowa City. I also hope I can find a route to get from the Eastern Iowa Regional Airport to our house in southeast Cedar Rapids. I have a route worked out that I think will work for me.

Mel and I have a wedding for a friend of hers on Saturday. It is supposed to be at Saint Patrick's Catholic Church in Cedar Rapids, but from looking at their website, it looks like they may be flooded. I hope that the wedding is able to go forward, but I do not know where it will be. That is really too bad for the couple getting married, but I am sure things will work out.

1 comment:

Nelle said...

The island in the river is completely covered with water, and the only way through CR to one side or other is on 380. I tell ya, it is getting very very ugly up hear. Or should I say wet? No fun either way.