6.17.2008

Getting on the Bike

I went for a bike ride this evening. It was the first time I have been cycling in just about two months. With just over a week away until the beginning of RAGBRAI, I figured I should get some riding in. Anyway, I wasn't able to go for a ride until this evening, so I took Emma with me in the Burley. She didn't seem to particularly enjoy the ride, although she didn't really complain either. My ride lasted just over twenty minutes and I rode about three and a quarter miles. At the end of the ride, I was worn out. In fact, my leg muscles are still a bit sore. I am attibuting this to the fact that I was towing an extra thirty pounds behind me than I would normally have. I definitely need to get more riding in before RAGBRAI though or else I will be miserable all week!

No comments: