1.02.2007

Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! I started my year at a hotel in Cedar Falls partying with relatives of my wife. On New Year's Day, Mel and I then went to her grandmother's house to finish up our Christmas celebrations. One of the presents I received was the movie Clerks II on DVD. Mel and I watched it last night and I have to say that it was one seriously messed up movies. I was surprised by some of the content of the movie. I wouldn't have been surprised if that movie had received an NC-17 rating.

This new year is starting with some New Year's resolutions for me.
  1. One of them is to cut back significantly on my soda consumption, limiting myself to no more than twenty-four ounces per day. I am going to be replacing a lot of my soda with water. That should help me be a bit healthier.
  2. I am also going to try very hard to watch what I eat and try to lose some weight. In the past month I gained about ten pounds! A good part of that is probably due to my eleven-day business trip in the middle of the month. Holiday candy probably didn't help much either. I have 36.6 pounds to lose to reach my goal. I don't expect this to happen overnight or even within a month or two, but with perseverance, I can reach achieve this goal by my thirty-fifth birthday this October.
  3. Finally, I am going to exercise more -- at least three times a week for a minimum of twenty minutes each time. Getting our elliptical fixed will help with this. I tried to call to get it fixed today, but the number I called was for repairs under the extended warranty. That doesn't go into effect until the one-year standard warranty expires in a few weeks. So tomorrow, I will need to call the regular warranty number to get the machine fixed.

If I should slip and fail in some of these resolutions, I need to remember that it isn't a reason to quit altogether. I will probably have some lapses. For example, I exceeded my soda limit by sixteen ounces. The first Tuesday of each month is free coffee and soda day at work. I filled my twenty-ounce mug two times. Without the free soda at work tomorrow, I should do better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think that we need to stop saying how old we are going to be. I don't want to think that I am only two years away from 36 (for me the magic number to fear) so you're 34 next year and the year after that and the year after that and so on and so forth. Just wanted to let you know.

Later!
Anna