6.14.2006

Training

I've been getting some bike riding in the past couple of weeks, training for RAGBRAI. The RAGBRAI web site recommends riding at least 500 miles prior to RAGBRAI. I have never gotten in that much riding before the previous RAGBRAIs I have been on, and I am sure this year will be no exception. After my 13.57-mile ride tonight, I have ridden 137.87 miles so far this year. I have ridden longer than I did before RAGBRAI last year. Of course, with moving, the new job, and other distractions, I had a difficult time finding time to ride. What I really need to do is get in a couple of long rides some weekend. So far, the farthest any of my rides have been this year is 16.66 miles, and that was my first ride of the year, in April. I really wanted to get out this past weekend, since Mel had to work, but the weather did not cooperate. Perhaps the weekend after we get back from Jamaica, Mel and I can go for a ride together.

No comments: