6.24.2006

I'm Back!

And amazingly, I'm quite awake at this moment. My wife and I got back to Iowa from a week-long trip to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, this afternoon around 5:00. We had to get up a little after 1:00 this morning to get ready to check out of our hotel room by 2:00. We then had to catch a bus at 3:00 for a two-hour ride to the airport in Montego Bay for out 7:13 flight to Miami. When we got to Cedar Rapids, we discovered that our luggage did not follow us the entire way back home. We saw it in Miami, where we had to take it through customs then re-check it for the remainder of our journey. We had a flight from Miami to Dallas-Fort Worth. There we barely made it to our flight to Cedar Rapids. By the time we got to the gate, they had just started boarding. So, I am assuming that our luggage just didn't make it to that plane.

Hopefully our bags will be on the flight from Dallas arriving in Cedar Rapids at 9:15 tonight. If it is, the airline will deliver it to our house tonight. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but tomorrow we are going to dinner for my grandparents' sixth-fifth wedding anniversary, and we would like to wear something nice. Unfortunately, all of Mel's nice clothes are in her suitcases. If we get it early enough, we can do some laundry so we will look decent tomorrow.

I'll be blogging about my trip during the upcoming week. I'd do it tonight, but I have other things I need to get done.

No comments: