6.09.2006

Cy and Me

The latest photo of the week is also from last year's RAGBRAI and was actually taken on the same day as last week's photo of the week. This photo is from Wednesday, July 27, 2006, in Lake Mills, Iowa. Lake Mills was the last pass-through town on the day's 83-mile ride. We stopped there for a while to rest a bit before riding the final 18 miles to Northwood. Standing in the middle of the street of Lake Mills, was Cy, the Iowa State mascot. While I am no Iowa State fan, I did go to the University of Iowa for a year plus some for grad school, my wife and her family are, so I stopped to get my picture taken with Cy. I am however wearing an Iowa shirt. Actually it's a blood donor shirt from the DeGowin Blood Center at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, but is makes a nice juxtaposition.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I forgive you for having your picture taken with the ISU mascot. I know your loyalty lies elsewhere. I HOPE!!!