6.12.2006

To Waterloo

I went to Waterloo after work this evening to visit my mom and to help her move some things around. She didn't want to be alone this evening as it was one year ago today that my father passed away. She made it through the day pretty well, as did I. I had been worried that I would have a hard time getting through the day, but I was so busy at work, that I didn't have time to think about anything else. My mom and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. She had said that it had been a while since she had been there. She doesn't like to go there by herself, so she hasn't had much of a chance to go there recently.

It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year now that we have been without my dad. It still seems like just a short time ago that I answered the telephone on that Sunday afternoon to hear my mom screaming hysterically. We have all gotten along pretty well since losing him, but it hasn't always been easy. I wish he would have been able to be at Mel's and my wedding in November, and as he died the day before I was to start my new job, I was never able to talk to him about it. I suppose things will get easier over time, although there will still be occasions that we will wish my dad was still with us.

2 comments:

captain creative said...

I didn't know your dad terribly well, but i do remember your family came to pay your respects when my dad passed away. The first year was the hardest for me, i can relate to everything you are going through right now. If you need anything let me know.

Aaron said...

Thanks. I'm doing fine now.