6.05.2006

High School Reunion

This weekend I got an invitation in the mail for the Waterloo West High School 15-year reunion. I will not be attending the reunion. First of all, I'll be on the other side of Iowa, the night before RAGBRAI begins, when the reunion is taking place. I could get together with people the night before at a bar, but I don't really have much desire to go. I only went to West High for my senior year of high school. The prior three years, I went to Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids. My dad had only been teaching part time for the Cedar Rapids School District, so when he got a full-time position with the Waterloo Schools, he took that, and in September 1990, my family moved to Waterloo. I really didn't get to know many of my classmates at West High, and one of them is a friend of my sister still. I occasionally see her when I am in the Twin Cities for work, so there's really no reason for me to go to my high school reunion. Now if my class from Jefferson has a 15-year reunion, I'd like to go to that. I was invited to the 10-year reunion, but for some reason I didn't go. I kind of wish I had.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I loved my high school reunion, but I went to the school all three years. I think you should go to the Jefferson reunion when you get a chance. If anything, it is a chance to dance and have a good time.