10.31.2004

Happy Halloween

No candy was being passed out at my house tonight. I had bought quite a bit, but then I was invited to a rally where John Edwards was going to speak. I also heard from someone who lives a couple of blocks from me that there wouldn't be many kids trick-or-treating in my neighborhood. So instead, I heard a speech from a local politician about how George Bush has tricked us when it comes to healthcare, jobs, making us safer, the environment, and on other issues. John Edwards gave a pretty good speech about what he and John Kerry will do when they are elected this week. Recently I have been worried about the outcome of the election, assuming the worst, that Bush will win, but polls in the past few days are giving John Kerry a slight edge in the electoral vote count. It's still anyone's race, but at least George Bush doesn't have it locked up yet.

No comments: