10.31.2004

Happy Belated Birthday to Me

Yesterday afternoon Homercles and I finally were able to get together to celebrate my birthday. For the past few years we have taken each other out to dinner for our respective birthdays. This time we added a movie beforehand. We went to see Team America: World Police, which I have already seen, but it's so funny that I wanted to see it again, besides, Homercles hadn't yet seen it. The tunes in the movie, while they may be offensive, are quite catchy and funny. I'll be buying the soundtrack CD when it is finally released Tuesday.

After the movie, we had dinner at Chili's. I do enjoy their food, but unfortunately we don't have a Chili's where I live, so I only get to go there when I'm out of town. We are really lacking some good chain restaurants in Waterloo. Sure we have several dining choices, but I'd really like to be able to go to Chili's, Outback, Bennigan's, or even T.G.I. Friday's without having to drive an hour or more. Of course this could all be remedied by moving! Well, we'll see about that next spring. I may still apply for a job in test development next spring, or maybe I'll even look for a teaching job elsewhere. Some of it depends on where my girlfriend decides to look for a job when she finished her masters degree in the spring.

2 comments:

homercles said...

It was my pleasure, dude. Hey, Thanksgiving week, a certain Chinese/Japanese/American buffet? You suggested it last night, and I think it's a great idea. And we should definitely see if we can get our mutual friend to tag along.

Aaron said...

I'm not sure what family commitments I'll have yet that week, but I have a wedding to go to in Iowa City that Saturday and I have to work through Wednesday, so that leavs Friday as a possible day for me.