10.20.2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 32nd birthday. Last night my parents, my girlfriend, and I went out to eat for my birthday. Since we had somewhere to be at 7:30 -- we went to the John Kerry rally at the Waterloo airport -- we went to a buffet since we wouldn't have to wait for the food. We tried out the New Century Buffet in Cedar Falls. It was pretty good, but from their sign outside I thought there would be a wider of variety of foods. Most of it was Chinese, not that it was bad; it was quite good. It wasn't as good as Cedar Rapids's Metro Buffet, but it was good.

I also got to open my presents from my parents last night. Among the gifts I received was the Star Destroyer Hallmark ornament and Jon Stewart's book America (The Book). I have been told that I need to read it quickly since my mom wants to borrow it when I finish and she has told my sister that she can borrow it too. It's nice of her to lend out my stuff like that.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, I went to see John Kerry last night. After seeing him speak in person, I am even more confident in my vote for him. I really, truly think that he will be better for the United States than George Bush. I'd like to write more on this right now, but I have to get to work.

To Homercles: We should figure out when we are going to dinner. Does next Saturday, October 30, work for you?

3 comments:

homercles said...

Happy birthday, MM! :)

Next Saturday (10/30) works for me. Call me this weekend, and we'll work out the restaurant of choice and the time.

Sara said...

Right on...I am glad to stumble upon your blog. I am voting for Kerry too. Is your education background helping you make this choice?

Aaron said...

My education background has a little to do with my choice for president, but there are a lot of other factors that led me to my decision as well including our massive deficit and numerous social issues.