10.16.2004

Unbelievable!

Last night my girlfriend and I were eating dinner out. The woman at the table behind us was complaining about her bill. Apparently her husband did not like his dinner so she felt that they shouldn't have to pay for it. From the conversation, it didn't sound like there was anything wrong with the dinner. It wasn't too hot, too cold, too spicy, incorrectly prepared, or different from the description on the menu. He just didn't care for it. My girlfriend and I both thought it was outrageous that she would expect to not have to pay for it simply because it wasn't something he liked. That's a risk people take when trying something new. I've ordered entrees at restaurants that I ended up not caring for, but the thought of asking to not pay for it never crossed my mind. It's not like the restaurant did anything wrong to ruin her experience. Anyway, she told the manager that she would not be returning to the restaurant, and she has dined there quite a bit. I would be willing to bet that with her attitude, they won't miss her business one bit!

No comments: