1.29.2010

Playing with the Atari

As I previously mentioned on my blog, my sister got me an Atari 2600 video game console and several games for Christmas. I finally got around to hooking it up this afternoon while Mel and Maximus were napping. I started by playing Frogger, followed by Pac-Man and Dig Dug. Other games which came with my Atari are:
  • Adventure
  • Asteroids
  • Berzerk 
  • Breakout
  • Centipede 
  • Chopper Command 
  • Circus
  • Combat
  • Defender
  • Dodge 'Em
  • Donkey Kong 
  • Dragonfire
  • E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
  • Fishing Derby
  • Frostbite
  • H.E.R.O.
  • Ice Hockey
  • Kaboom! 
  • Kangaroo
  • Keystone Kapers 
  • Lock 'n' Chase
  • Math Gran Prix 
  • Maze Craze
  • Megamania
  • Millipede
  • Missile Command
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Outlaw 
  • Pitfall!
  • Pole Position
  • Popeye
  • Pressure Cooker
  • Q*bert
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • River Raid 
  • Robot Tank
  • Seaquest
  • Solar Fox
  • Space Invaders  
  • Sky Jinks
  • Stampede
  • Super Breakout 
  • Super Cobra
  • Tennis
  • Tron Deadly Discs
  • Turmoil
  • Venture
  • Video Olympics
  • Video Pinball
This is probably more games than I ever actually owned for my Atari when I was a kid. None of these games includes a manual, so I am hoping that either I can figure out how to play them on my own, or that I can find directions online somewhere. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to trying them all out. One thing I do need to do though is to locate a switch so I do not have to disconnect the satellite box from the TV in order to attach the Atari to it. I may have one somewhere, otherwise I will need to go out and buy one.

2 comments:

5Ollies said...

Those games sound like so much fun. Enjoy playing them.

labelreader said...

You should hit up atariage.com for manuals and...believe it or not, brand new games for the 2600.