6.26.2007

Lots of Visitors and Yard Work

This weekend was a very busy one for us. On Saturday we all went to Waterloo. Mel went to the home of a friend of hers for a Tastefully Simple party. While she was there, Emma and I stayed at my mom's place where I did a little work and we all watched the movie October Sky. My mom has been trying to get me to see this movie for a while, but I had never gotten around to viewing it. It was a pretty good movie.

On Sunday we decided to forgo our bike riding so we could finish working on the garden in the back yard. After several hours of digging up weeds and stumps for bushes, we are almost done. We went through forty-four half-cubic-foot bags of rock. We ran a bit short on rock, so this coming weekend we will be finishing up. When we do, I will be sure to post some before and after pictures.

The reason we stopped working on the garden when we did Sunday was that we had a couple of visitors. My friend Anna, who lives in Las Vegas, and my friend Homercles, who lives a few blocks away from us, stopped by for the evening. We hadn't seen Anna since December. It was good to have a chance to catch up with what has been going on, although she does read this blog, so she knew for the most part what Mel, Emma, and I had been up to. We had Godfather's Pizza for dinner since that is something that Anna can't get in Las Vegas.

Between the Godfather's pizza, and having a steak at Applebee's Saturday night when Mel, Emma, and I went out to eat with my mom, I would not be surprised if my eight consecutive weeks of weight loss changes to a slight upward turn this week. I'll find out about that tomorrow. I did not keep very careful track of my Weight Watchers points this past weekend at all.

Yesterday, Mel's best friend Heather, who lives in Ohio, came for a visit. She had been visiting her parents in western Iowa and drove over to spend the day with Mel. They seemed to have a good day. Mel hadn't seen her in about a year and a half, so when Heather had to leave, it was way too soon. Hopefully Mel and I can get together with Heather and her boyfriend in Las Vegas this spring to celebrate Heather's thirtieth birthday, which takes place this December.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you need an Emma sitter if you go to Vegas...put me on the available list!

Anonymous said...

You didn't say how the Tastefully Simple party that Mel went to was? Did she fall in LOVE with the food? Tastefully Simple is just marvelous at taking the TIME out of the kitchen for those of us with BUSY lives!