6.13.2007

Hump Day

Partway through the day today, my week off from work was half over. I really wish I could stay home longer than just this week, but alas I must return to work on Monday. For a period this evening though, I was wishing I wasn't home alone with Emma. She just kept crying and crying. I was unable to console her. I tried feeding her, changing her diaper, holding her, and setting her down, but none of that worked. I had to give her a bath tonight, so I decided to try that. I had Emma undressed, sitting on her towel, when Mel called from work. I put the naked baby down in her basinet while I answered the phone. She seemed quite content lying there in the buff, so I talked with Mel on the phone while Emma happily waited for me in her birthday suit. She did pee on the towel while she was lying there, but everything was fine. I guess she likes to spend some time without her clothes. Things went well for the most part after her bath. She did cry a bit once I got her dressed, but the onesie I put her in was a bit tight, so I changed her clothes and after about ten minutes, she calmed down again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She just wanted mommy is all... sorry I couldn't be there :( Piratemel