6.30.2007

Friday and Saturday

Yesterday I needed to be away from the office, but I still had work to be done, so I spent that day working at home. This gave me the chance to get together for lunch with Homercles. We both enjoyed the lunch buffet at Godfather's Pizza in the Town and Country Shopping Center. It was pretty good, but I ate more than I really should have. I did stay within my Weight Watchers points, including my weekly allowance in addition to my day's points, but I still could have eaten a bit less.

Today, after a weekend of no bicycling, Mel and I had the opportunity to go for a bike ride. Once again, one of us rode the bike while the other pushed Emma in her stroller. We then changed places. On my bike ride, I rode part of the Cedar Valley Nature Trail. The part I rode on has an asphalt surface, but that stops just a few miles north of the start of the trail in Hiawatha. After that, the trail is crushed limestone for some distance before it turns back to asphalt. I really wish the remaining part of the trail could be paved. That would make it a lot better to ride on, making it easier to ride all the way to Waterloo.

We also finished working on the garden in the backyard today. Last week I promised some photos of that, but I didn't get around to taking the "after" picture yet, so I will post the photos later.

No comments: