2.04.2007

Overcharged at the Wal-Mart

I was overcharged at the Marion Wal-Mart this afternoon. Had my wife not been along with me, I would have confronted the cashier to point out the incorrect price, but Mel insisted that I not bother with it. The item I was overcharged on was a cucumber. The signage by the cucumbers indicated that they were priced at .68¢ each. However, when it was rung up at the cash register, I was charged $.68, one hundred times the price shown on the sign! Wal-Mart's policy is, or at least was at one time, to give a discount of $5.00 if something is mispriced, or to give the item for free if it is priced under $5.00. I am not sure if that is still the policy or not, but next time I am shopping at Wal-Mart without my wife, I will be certain to point out any pricing discrepancies that I notice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I think I know why Mel silenced you. Pointing out the signage error might make sense but I bet very few of their customers will ever notice the problem.
Anna