2.21.2007

A Messy Ride

Yesterday I thought about going for a bike ride but decided against it. Today however, I did go for a bike ride. I spent fifty-three minutes dodging potholes and rivers of melting snow and ice as I rode nearly eleven miles. The temperature was in the low fifties, which was still a bit cold. I was wearing three T-shirts to keep warm; one of them was long-sleeved. Most of my clothing didn't get too dirty as the bag on the back of my bike caught most of the grime as the rear wheel flung it upward. I am doing some laundry though to get what little mud is on my clothes off of them before it dries.

I was able to get out for my bike ride pretty easy because I worked from home today. Mel had an eleven-o'clock appointment at the baby doctor today and I wanted to go along. I had considered going to work for a few hours before coming home, and then working from home in the afternoon. Alternatively, I considered working from home until after the appointment and then going in to work. Either way, I would have spent just a few hours at work, so I decided it made the most sense to just stay home. I actually think I get more work done when I am working from home. I don't have to deal with the distractions of being in the office, and it was nice to be away from all of the candy dishes today!

The appointment went well as everything seems to be going fine. The baby's heart rate was good and there were not any signs of problems. I can hardly believe that in about a month and a half I will be a father!

No comments: