2.21.2007

No Candy

Yesterday morning when I did my weekly weigh-in, I discovered that I had gained 1.2 pounds from the previous week. If I am going to get serious about losing some weight--I now have 32.0 pounds to lose before I reach my goal--I am going to really need to watch what I eat. With Lent beginning today, I decided that it is a perfect time to give up something that I enjoy. Last year I abstained from drinking soda during Lent, at least for the most part. I think I did end up having one or two sodas at some period during the forty-six-day period. This year I am going to forgo all candy. Fortunately, on Sunday I finished the Jelly Belly jelly beans that Mel gave be for Valentine's Day. Of course that may be part of why I gained this weight in the last week. The hardest part of giving up candy will be avoiding all of the assorted candy dishes that people have around the office, starting with the one across the aisle from my cubicle. Fortunately, there hasn't really been any candy there that I crave for lately. Around the corner though, there is usually a dish of chocolate just waiting for my arrival. Nevertheless, I think this is something that I can definitely do, and it should help to improve my health over the next month and a half.

No comments: