2.07.2007

Exciting News

Ok, calling this news "exciting" may be a bit extreme, but the news is interesting nonetheless. Both the Cedar Rapids Gazette and the Iowa City Press Citizen have reported that Chick-fil-A is expanding in the area. They will be opening a location at Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville and they will be adding some standalone locations in Cedar Rapids in the upcoming years. I haven't eaten at Chick-fil-A in years even though they currently have a location in Cedar Rapids. That restaurant is located in Westdale Mall, and why would I ever have a need to go there? I am probably at Coral Ridge Mall more often than I am at Westdale Mall, and I don't even live in Coralville. Of course, I sometimes pass through on my way to and from work, making it a more convenient location for me to shop at. The articles in both papers didn't seem to indicate that a new Chick-fil-A would be springing up any time soon in Cedar Rapids, but that's alright. I am trying to lose weight now, and I may just be able to reach my goal before it opens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I point out that it is the attitude, "Why should I go to Westdale Mall?" that has contributed to the lack of business at the mall? It is by not supporting your local businesses that you drive business to other cities and take away jobs from those in the area and in turn force people to find jobs that involve longer commutes.
Sorry, on a cranky kick right now.

Oh and by the way, Denise has started a new job and you will never guess who is in her training class......James' brother.

Later!
Ana

Aaron said...

Except at this point, there are very few stores there that I would shop at. JCPenney is the main reason I go there anymore. Don't blame me on the decline of the mall. Much of that happened when I lived outside the area.

Oh, I'll have to call you to hear about this new job of Denise and James's brother.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I wasn't giving you full blame for the decline of the mall silly. :P

Later!
Ana

Anonymous said...

You aren't the only one happy to hear about that great chicken place moving into Coralville. Whenever my husband and I are in CR, we always make a stop at Chick fil a. Except on Sunday's of course. A grilled chicken sandwich and a small waffle fry saticfies everytime.
Nelle