1.03.2005

A Snow Day Without the Bad Weather

I know some others in Iowa were less fortunate that I was, but the ice completely missed us today in Waterloo. However, in anticipation of the bad weather that never arrived, the Waterloo School District cancelled school today. This kind of worked out well for me. I had been sick with a cold the past couple of days, and I still wasn't feeling all that great this morning. Had I called in sick to work, I would have needed to go to the doctor to get a note, since this was to be the first day back at school after vacation and my school district doesn't trust its employees to only call in sick when they truly are sick, especially at the beginning or end of a vacation. It looks like we'll be getting some bad weather tomorrow night, with four to six inches of snow projected. But who knows, these winter weather systems can change so much from what is predicted. Just look at what we got today. Nothing!

No comments: