8.22.2004

Visit to the "In-Laws'"

Ok, I'm not married, so technically I don't have any in-laws, but I did go to my girlfriend's parents' house today to celebrate her brother's birthday which was last week. We had a nice lunch and spent some time playing some games. Her family has some odd qualities, but I suppose most families do -- mine sure does -- but I am getting used to it. It's nothing I can't handle, and I feel fairly comfortable around them. On the way back home, she told me about how long her parents had dated before getting engaged and it was really short, six weeks I think! I got the impression that she had just learned this recently.

I am also getting used to some of the things that my girlfriend enjoys that I could do without. One of these is scary movies. I generally am not a big fan of movies which have the purpose of scaring the bejesus out of the viewer. We watched Taking Lives yesterday after dinner, and while it did have me scared for some of the characters, it was a good movie. Now, I did figure out who the killer was about halfway through it, but it was still good. Besides, I wasn't absolutely certain. Recently we have also seen The Village and Secret Window, both of which I enjoyed.

No comments: