8.27.2004

The First Real Day of School

Today, with all students returning, was really the first day of school, and it went well. I am feeling pretty good about teaching AP Calculus. I don't think it will be too bad once I get into it and Algebra 1 won't be a problem. I am going to try to plan further ahead this year so I am sure to get to where I am supposed to be at the end of the year. Computer Programming is making me a bit nervous, mainly because several of the computers in the lab are not yet working correctly. Hopefully the computers will be ready on Monday, or else I don't know what I am going to do with a classroom of 28 students.

Talking with one of my colleagues after school today, I learned that she has a student who I had last year. This student was very disruptive and eventually ended up getting removed from my class. Well, this student is off to a great start this year. Apparently he almost got kicked out of class on the first day of school for being constantly disruptive.

I have a lot of planning to do this weekend so that the school year starts out right.

No comments: