8.31.2004

I Am So Stupid!

I can't believe how stupid I am. I received an email with an attachment this evening that was supposably from my dad. Despite the fact that I received it during a time when I knew my dad wasn't home to send it, and despite the misspelling of the subject and the filename
"fotos," I opened the attachment anyway. Really, I do know better than to do that. Well, it wasn't until I double clicked on the .zip file that I decided that I shouldn't have done that. So I then decided that I better update my subscription to receive antivirus definitions for my antivirus program -- my subscription ended about a week ago -- then scan my computer for viruses. Guess what, it found one! Fortunately it was one that was a fairly low-level threat and which wouldn't do much damage. I just can't believe I fell for it!

No comments: