8.19.2004

The End of Summer

I am really looking forward to getting back to work next week. The week and a half that I have had off since ending my summer job have been nice, but it's putting my diet at risk. Sitting at home all day with a refrigerator and cabinet full of food makes it quite tempting to eat. As it is, I have been going through way too much pop the past week. Fortunately, it's all diet pop, so I don't have to worry about the calories. I've managed to stay away from the food for the most part except of course when it is time to eat.

Of course, I am also ready to get back to teaching. I truly enjoy helping my students to learn, if only they all enjoyed learning in return. But, I suppose that without a challenge, work wouldn't be work. Until then, I still have a day and a half to watch my Deep Space Nine DVDs. I'm only part way through season five of seven, and the first season of the original Star Trek series comes out on DVD in just twelve days.

No comments: