8.29.2004

Losing Weight

I don't mean to gloat, but in the past thirteen weeks I have been trying, and succeeding I might add, to lose weight. I signed up for a diet program through eDiets.com. I am not doing any of the "trendy" diets such as Atkins or South Beach. Instead, I am just cutting back on calories. Since May 31 when I first weighed in, I have lost 25 pounds, reducing my weight from 243 pounds to 218 pounds. That's an average of about two pounds per week, which is what is recommended. In the time that I have been dieting, my body mass index has dropped from 30.48 (obese) to 27.35 (overweight). I am not just 18 pounds from the upper limit of my healthy weight range. I should be in that range in nine weeks if I keep up with my diet. The website has my goal weight as 173 pounds, but I think that is a little low for me. I'll be perfectly happy if I can get my weight to around 185 pounds. I should be able to reach that goal by Christmas, just in time to get new, smaller-sized pants, as presents.

No comments: