8.29.2004

Guys' Night Out

I had a great time last night. Some female friends of mine decided that they were going to have a girls' night out with my girlfriend and some other people I don't really know, so I decided I would get together with some of my own friends. I really had a great time. Since I live an hour away from most of my friends, I don't get to see them too often. We had a wonderful dinner at a new restaurant in Cedar Rapids named Bonehead's. I heartily recommend it! We also, well most of us anyway, went to Target and Barnes & Noble. Ok, those aren't the most exciting places to go, but not knowing when my girlfriend would be done with what she was doing, and the fact that it was 9:00 and we had a seven-year-old with us, limited our choices of entertainment, but we had a good time. It wasn't so much about what we did, but the fact that we got to hang out.

Being back in Cedar Rapids and hanging out with my friends really makes me miss living there. I wish I could just go out whenever I wanted to visit with my friends. Unfortunately, the distance between us makes that difficult. I am considering moving back to that area, or actually about 20 miles away, next summer if I decide to leave teaching and I can get a job with the company I worked for this summer. For now though, I guess I will just have to make the time to visit my friends more often.

No comments: