8.03.2009

Billboard in the Backyard

Ok, so it's not really a billboard, but since last fall it almost seems like I get to view an advertisement for Menard's every time I look out the window of my office toward the backyard. You may remember that last September my neighbor began construction of this edifice in his backyard, close the the property line with our yard. As winter approached, construction efforts on the building ceased. This made sense to me as I for one wouldn't have wanted to be out working on this construction project with negative temperatures and snow blowing around me. However, I made the assumption that as spring came, the builders would finish siding the building. I admit that I do not know the people who live behind us, and I definitely do not know their circumstances, but with summer quickly coming to a close, there has been no additional progress on the building. Perhaps they will finish it up this autumn, a year after they began construction. I have no problem with this building blocking my view of the back of their house and their backyard. After all, I have no reason to spy on them. That being said, it would be nice to have the building finished.

No comments: