8.04.2009

New "Weird Al" Yankovic Music

Starting last October, and then a few times in the past few months, "Weird Al" Yankovic has released new songs available online only. This is great because now there can be new Weird Al music before he has enough for a full album. I bought the first of these songs, "Whatever You Like," from iTunes last October when it was released.

The next of Weird Al's new songs, released in June, was "Craigslist" which is in the style of the Doors. He followed this about a month later with a song about a highly-trained actor who resorts to working as a tour guide on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise titled "Skipper Dan."

This morning cam "Weird Al" Yankovic's latest song, "CNR." This song, in the style of the White Stripes (so I have been told, as I am not at all familiar with their music) boasts about feats that the late Charles Nelson Reilly of The Match Game fame supposedly performed.

All of these have been good songs, however however I have bot bought these three most recent digital releases of his. My concern is that when "Weird Al" Yankovic releases his next album, he will include these songs on it. Then I would essentially be paying twice for these songs. I did enjoy them though, and if Weird Al doesn't release a new album sometime in the next year, I may go ahead and buy these songs.

No comments: