8.25.2009

Chicago

Yesterday afternoon I arrived in Chicago for a short business trip. I am conducting a meeting that lasts from this morning until noon tomorrow, and then I return home. I do enjoy traveling for work, mainly because I like interacting with my coworkers, and I enjoy eating out, but I do miss being at home with Mel and Emma. So it is really good that this trip if relatively short.

Things have gone well with my meeting so far, and the food has been pretty good. The hotel at which I am staying serves made-to-order omelets for breakfast each morning, as well as other things, but I do enjoy the omelets. For dinner tonight, my colleague Lois and I went to Rickenbacker’s Bar & Grille which is located in another nearby hotel. I had a half rack of ribs. The portion size was pretty big. If I hadn't known otherwise, I would have guessed that I had received the whole order. They were very tasty. I got a desert to go which I think I will eat after writing this blog entry. Once I return home, I really do need to get back to watching what I eat.

No comments: