7.30.2009

Another Missing Fish

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned my aquarium. I had cleaned it before going on RAGBRAI, but not well enough, so it needed cleaning again. This morning when I was feeding the fish, I noticed that one of the fish seemed to be missing. It is one of the three smallest fish in the aquarium, one of the tiger barbs. I thought it may have been hiding in either the skull or the pirate ship in the aquarium, but I didn't see it this afternoon either. This isn't the first time one of the fish in the aquarium has disappeared since I restocked it after moving to Minnesota. Last September one of the fish went missing as well.

This evening we went to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping. We picked up some fish food while there, and since we were in the fish section, we looked at the fish. I did like the oscars, and thought that one may make a good addition to the aquarium. I would be concerned though that it might want to eat the two remaining tiger barbs as they may be small enough for it to consume. The other fish are big enough not to be at risk though. However, after doing a bit mor reading on oscars, it sounds like my aquarium may be too small for one. I guess I will just keep the aquarium as is for now.

No comments: