1.12.2009

Weekend in Iowa

This weekend we went to Iowa to finish up our Christmas celebrations for the season. Mel, Emma, and I, as well as my sister, left early Saturday morning for Waterloo, Iowa, where we stopped at my mother's house for a short while before heading to my grandmother's house in Keystone. We had a good time visiting with her, as well as with my aunt and uncle who came as well. We opened some presents and had dinner of oyster stew and chili. We did have a bit of excitement when my sister ended up going to the emergency room after returning to Waterloo around 8:00. Hopefully she gets better soon.

Speaking of being sick, Emma is staying home from daycare today. She slept most of the way back home from Iowa yesterday afternoon, and she didn't seem like herself after getting out of the truck. We took her temperature last night and found it to be a bit high, 99.6°F. This morning we took her temperature again and discovered that she had a 101.3°F fever. So I will be taking her to the doctor in a little bit this morning to have her checked out. Hopefully I can get a little work done later today if I can get her to take a nap.

2 comments:

5Ollies said...

I hope that Emma is feeling better. Give her a hug and kiss from me.

Aaron said...

It was just a cold.