1.14.2009

Lunch with Emma

I had lunch with Emma today at her daycare. I got to sit on an extremely small chair and sit at the tiny table with her and another child and parent. The lunch was pretty good. We had stir fry chicken, rice, pears, and broccoli. Emma did a good job eating her food, she even asked for more pears. That didn't actually surprise me since she does love her fruit. After she was finished eating she said that she was done and one of the teachers had her wash her hands. After washing her hands, she proceeded to her cot to take her nap. Before I arrived, I was worried about how she would handle my coming to daycare in the middle of the day. I figured she'd run for her coat when I got there, but she did not. I also thought that she wouldn't want me to leave, but that did not seem to be the case.

At least it didn't seem to be the case for the moment. She teachers had forgotten to give us dessert, individually wrapped Rice Krispie bars. Emma came back to the table for dessert. Then when the was done with that, and had washed her hands again, she came back over to me and did not want to lie down for her nap. I took her to her cot and set her on it. She was crying, but after a moment she did lie down. Since she was looking away from me, I left. I am sure she did fine the rest of the day.

Incidentally, Emma was not the only one who did not want his or her parent to leave. The two other children whose parents were at daycare for lunch also started crying when their mothers tried to leave. I wonder if they will try this again.

No comments: