1.20.2009

Resuming Weight Watchers

Since making the change to working from home full time from working in an office, I have watched my weight increase from about 207 pounds to 216 pounds. This is something that I am not happy about. This is still better than the 243 pounds I weighed at the end of May 2004. It was then I first got serious about watching what I ate. By the end of that October, I managed to lose 43 pounds, bringing my weight down to 210 pounds. After that I kind of let things go, and my weight went back up to between 220 and 230 pounds.

Then, in April of last year, I refocused on watching what I ate and joined the Weight Watchers online program. I was able to bring my weight down from 231.4 pounds on April 25, 2007, down to 199.0 pounds on October 3. I was able to keep my weight within a few pounds of that until June 2008.

I have tried to keep up with following the Weight Watchers program, but I have found it to be challenging since I am just a short walk from a kitchen stocked with food. I need to regain control and stop going to the kitchen whenever I feel the slightest bit of hunger. So starting today, I am going to once again track my weight loss progress on my blog. Perhaps by making my weight loss progress publicly available, I will be more inclined to follow through with the program. My goal is to get my weight down 199.0 pounds.

Weight: 216.0 lbs.
Change since last week: N/A
Pounds to goal: 17.0

1 comment:

5Ollies said...

OK, I tried posting a comment a few minutes ago, but I don't know if it actually went through. So, just in case it didn't, I wanted to wish you luck with watching what you eat. I struggle with that very same thing when I am home during the summer months.