1.24.2009

Movie Night

Yesterday Mel had the day off from work for Chinese New Year (her company is Chinese-owned). The actual day of the holiday is this coming Monday, but not everyone got the same day off. I guess they do not actually want to close for the holiday. Anyway, one of the things that she wanted to do on her day off was to go to a movie, but the show times for the movie she wanted to see were not convenient. So last night, my sister came over to babysit Emma, so the two of us could go to a movie. We went to see My Bloody Valentine 3D. I am not one who really enjoys most horror movies, but I had seen the commercials for this movie, and I did not think it looked too scary. I actually enjoyed the movie. The 3D effects were pretty cool. While there were some points of the movie that I was genuinely startled, it was not all that scary, just a bit gruesome. In fact, there were some downright funny moments! This was the first time I had gone to a movie in the evening since moving to the Twin Cities, and it was a bit pricier than I was used to paying for a full-price movie. In fact, I think it may have even cost a little more than usual because it was in 3D. I am glad that we made it out to the movie. There are so many movies out now that I would like to see, but it is so hard to find the time to see any of them. I think the last time we even made it out to a movie was in October, on my birthday.

No comments: