1.09.2008

Trip to Washington, D.C.

Yesterday afternoon I arrived in Washington, D.C., for a business trip that will last the remainder of the work week. I had never been to D.C. before, and so far I have to say that I like this city. However I haven't seen much of it yet, and probably won't on this trip. I did see the Washington Monument from the window of the taxi as we rode to our hotel located on Dupont Circle. The view of Dupont Circle from my hotel room is shown below.


This morning when we were taking a break from our meeting I stepped outside and saw a familiar flag in front of the building next door. I walked over there, and as I suspected, the building next to the hotel is the Jamaican Embassy. So, as I walked up to the door, I guess I can say that I was on Jamaican soil. I knew I would want to back to Jamaica some time, but that was not what I imagined.

No comments: