1.03.2008

Caucus Night

Well, the day is finally here. Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucuses are being held tonight, and I plan on being there. And while I do like playing an important part in the democratic process, I will be glad once the caucuses are over. Yesterday when I got home form my mother's house, there were five messages on our answering machine. Each of them was a recorded message supporting a presidential candidate -- two were for Obama, one for Edwards, one for Richardson, one for Dodd, and one for Biden. I have made a final decision on who I am supporting, and I am going to stick with the candidate who I was leaning towards all along, Bill Richardson. I had contemplated changing my decision to caucus for someone else, and I have changed my second-choice candidate from Barack Obama to John Edwards. So, if the Richardson group is not large enough to be viable at my caucus location, Edwards will be getting my support. We'll see how it goes later tonight.

No comments: