1.24.2008

RAGBRAI XXXVI

The overnight towns for this summer's RAGBRAI were announced today! For many of the past several years, I have told myself that that year's ride will be my last. Obviously that hasn't been the case. By the time the route is announced the next year, I am always eager to sign up once again. This past year was different. Usually I get so exhausted while riding, or it's so miserably hot and humid that I don't think I want to ride RAGBRAI again. Last year though, it was warm, but I didn't feel that it was too warm. Also, the route wasn't too difficult. Now, the only things that could possibly keep me from RAGBRAI are getting time off from work and the cost. Tomorrow I will see about the time off. I don't think it will be an issue, but I can't take it for granted. And with the tax rebates that we will be getting in the upcoming months, I don't think the money will be an issue either.

In case you are interested (and don't want to go to the Register's website), this year's overnight towns are:
  • Missouri Valley (Saturday)
  • Harlan (Sunday)
  • Jefferson (Monday)
  • Ames (Tuesday)
  • Tama/Toledo (Wednesday)
  • North Liberty (Thursday)
  • Tipton (Friday)
  • Le Claire (End)

No comments: