1.21.2008

A Day Off

In honor of the Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday, I got today off from work. As Mel is working evenings this week, and our daycare provider was still working today, we were able to drop Emma off so the two of us could have brunch at Perkins followed by a visit to the Wehrenberg Galaxy 16 Cine to see Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. We had both really wanted to see that movie, but it has been difficult to find the time with taking care of Emma. Prior to seeing this movie, I knew practically nothing about Sweeney Todd. All I was aware of was that he was a murderous barber. I really enjoyed the movie despite some of the gruesome scenes in contained. It isn't too often that I have seen movies in which people commit murders while singing songs. After seeing Sweeney Todd, I don't think I will ever look at a meat pie quite the same way again.

No comments: