7.31.2007

Math Conference

A few weeks ago, I asked my manager at work if I could go to the Midwest regional conference of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics in Kansas City, Missouri, this fall. At the time, he did not think I would be able to go, but he would check. The fact that I have not yet gone to a conference for work would be a plus in my favor. Well, I got an email from my manager today authorizing me to go to the NCTM conference in Kansas City. The last time I was an an education conference was the Iowa Association of Middle Level Educators meeting in Des Moines, which I went to when I taught at Highland Junior/Senior High School in Riverside, Iowa. I think this conference will be bigger than that one. Hopefully I am able to attend several interesting sessions when I go in October.

No comments: