7.07.2007

Bike Ride

I had a good time on my bike ride today. After dropping Emma off with Mel's aunt in Waterloo, I headed to the Shell Rock trail head of the Rolling Prairie Tri-County Trail. I got there a bit early, so I decided to get in a few extra miles before the ride started. I ended up riding about five miles before the official beginning of the ride. It was pretty hot today, but I didn't think it was too bad. RAGBRAI is likely to be just as hot in a few weeks, so I better get used to it now. One thing that made the ride somewhat difficult is that the portion of the trail that we rode--from Shell Rock to Clarksville--is not paved. Instead, it has a crushed limestone surface. This wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't have road tires on my bike, but unfortunately that's all I have. The trail is supposed to be paved in August or September of this year, so if they hold this ride again next year, it should be a much smoother ride.

No comments: