7.06.2007

Cycling and Back to Work

Mel had both yesterday and today off from work, not for the Independence Day holiday, but because she has to work this weekend. Since Mel had the day off, and I didn't have much to do at work, I decided to take a personal day yesterday. Because it was a weekday, we were able to take Emma to day care and then have the day to ourselves. This allowed us to go on a bicycling trip together. We ended up riding for an hour and a half. This was the longest either of us had ridden yet this year training for RAGBRAI which takes place in just a few weeks. It was a pretty good ride. Tomorrow, I am going for a bike ride again. This time it is on a bike ride to benefit a scholarship fund that was founded in honor of Mel's cousin who passed away in June last year. It starts in Shell Rock, Iowa. Unfortunately, Mel has to work so she can not come. I will be riding for both of us though.

Today I went back to work, after having two days off in the middle of the week. I did not have much to work on for the project to which I am currently assigned, so I helped out on a different project. I was glad to have that work to do, since otherwise I would have been quite bored all day. Well, after this day of work, it's time for two days off once again.

No comments: