11.11.2006

Trying to Get This Place Organized

I am trying to get the basement of our house more organized. Specifically, I am trying to organize the desk. I came home from work early yesterday afternoon because of the weather. It wasn't too bad, but one of the people who I carpool was driving up to Cedar Falls after work to see Joan Baez at the Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center on the UNI campus. She wanted to be able to get there before the roads got too bad. Anyway, once I got home I had additional work to get done, so I plugged in my work laptop computer at the desk in the basement, and I realized that with all the clutter, there wasn't much room to work. All I really need to do is to dig through the papers stacked on the desk and file away the important ones. The rest can probably be thrown out. Once the top of the desk is cleaned off, I'll be able to tackle the contents of the drawers, but that can wait for another day.

Also, in organizing the basement a bit today, I finally got around to hanging up the autographed photos that I have. That is helping to make the basement look nicer. Now I just need to figure out where to hang the Mr. Spock Heineken ad that I have! I do have a few other things to hang on the walls, but I have a spot already picked out for them.

You may recall that I painted the nursery for our baby a couple weekends ago. Well, this morning I replaced all of the outlets and cover plates. The outlets that were there had been painted with the wall's previous color and I didn't want to paint them, so I replaced them all with nice new white outlets. Besides, some of the outlets in this house, haven't worked very well. The plugs fall out of some of them. Now I just need to hang a Winnie the Pooh wallpaper border around the room. I have never hung wallpaper or wallpaper border before, so I hope it isn't too hard. Maybe I will get around to doing that tomorrow.

No comments: