11.18.2006

Spending the Day in the Cedar Valley

Right now I am sitting at the computer in my mother's condo in Waterloo, Iowa. Mel and I drove up today so she could go to the bridal shower of my cousin's fiancee. After leaving Mel, I did a little shopping. I wasn't off to buy anything, I just needed some ideas for my Christmas gift list since people have been after me to let them know what I would like for Christmas. I looked around a bit at University Book and Supply in Cedar Falls for some UNI clothing. While I was there, I decided to wander around the UNI campus. I hadn't been inside Maucker Union since it was remodeled. I spent plenty of time inside that building when I was a student at UNI since I worked at the Hardee's restaurant that was located there. The Hardee's is no longer there, having been replaced with a few other dining options. Aside from that, the inside of Maucker Union looks much like it did when I was a student at UNI. Anyway, now I am awaiting the arrival of Mel and my mother. My mom wants me to hook up a VCR to her TV, so I suppose I should get on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my butt back up there and take a walk around the campus. I lived in Hageman Hall and spent most of the rest of my time in Russell Hall, the music dept..

So many new things to see up there now. It's been 20 years for me. How long has it been for you?
Nelle

Aaron said...

It's only been nine years for me. I went to UNI between 1992 and 1997. I lived in Shull but I spent my fair share of time in Russell Hall. I played in the orchestra at UNI.